The Brain and Emotion Laboratory consists of senior and junior researchers as well as young PhD-students. Extensive collaborations exist with several laboratories.
Beatrice de Gelder
Professor Beatrice de Gelder holds degrees in both Philosophy and Psychology, and received her PhD in 1972 from the University of Louvain, Belgium. She began her academic career teaching Philosophy of Science, first in Leiden and then in Tilburg. In the mid nineties de Gelder changed her field of interest to Cognitive Science. She is currently professor in the Department of Cognitive Neuroscience, Faculty of Neuroscience and Psychology, Maastricht University. Her main interests lies in the 4 topics below:
- Non-conscious recognition in patients with cortical damage.
- Emotional expression in whole bodies.
- Face recognition and its deficits.
- Multisensory perception and the interaction between auditory and visual processes.
Tel. +31 43 3881437.
Room 3.009, Oxfordlaan 55, 6229 EV Maastricht, The Netherlands.
- Wim van de Riet
- Kiki Derey
- Minye Zhan
- Tahnée Engelen
- Marta Poyo Solanas
- Jeannette Boschma
Student Research Assistants and Internship Students
- Rebecca Watson, PhD
- Elisabeth (Lisanne) Huis in 't Veld, PhD
- Mehrdad Seirafi, PhD
- Gert Kristo, PhD
- Jan Van den Stock, PhD
- Akihiro Tanaka, PhD
- Bernard Stienen, PhD
- Charlotte Sinke, PhD
- Mariska Kret, PhD
- Swann Pichon, PhD
- Ruthger Righart, PhD
- Maurice Magnée, PhD
- Gilles Pourtois, PhD
- Nouchine Hadjikhani, MD, PhD
- Jan-Pieter Teunisse, PhD
- Romke Rouw, PhD
- Tilburg University (Marco Tamietto)
- Utrecht University (Jack van Honk)
- Donders Institute (Dennis Schutter)
- MIT (Sinha Lab)
- Brain Emotion Lab Leuven, K.U. Leuven (Mathieu Vandenbulcke, Jan Van den Stock)
- MGH/MIT/HMS, Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
- Montreal Neurological Institute (Alain Ptito)
- Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO)
- European Research Counsil: FP7/2007-2013, ERC grant agreement number 295673
There are opportunities to complete a thesis or an internship. Students who are interested can contact Beatrice de Gelder.